[Scummvm-devel] Debianisation

David Given dg at tao-group.com
Mon Nov 19 03:54:01 CET 2001

On Monday 19 November 2001 11:24, you wrote:
[...]
> > This means that the upstream source package must be a tar.gz file
> > containing, and this is the important bit, a single directory of the form
> > <packagename>-<version>. Currently ScummVM is distributed in a ZIP file
> > with all the source files in the root.
>
> I think it's only a matter of repackaging it in a more friendly layout,
> like the one used in the daily CVS snapshots. Having debian files in the
> upstream release would make it easier to generate daily debs as well --
> what's the policy for version numbering in this case?

I don't know. Common sense would suggest that it just has to be given a
number that would sort properly with all the other numbers. So, CVS builds
since 0.0.3 could be:

	scummvm-0.0.3.20011119-1

This would allow 0.0.3 to be superseded by the CVS version, and 0.0.4 to
supersede the CVS version.

--
+- David Given --------McQ-+ "I've just had a terrible thought --- what if all
+- http://www.cowlark.com -+ discussing _Blakes 7_