[Scummvm-devel] Linux music progress report (with Timidity)

J.Brown (Ender/Amigo) ender at enderboi.com
Mon Nov 19 20:38:02 CET 2001

> Anyone sees another ideas (a part from rewriting TiMidity :-) ) ?

Well, I'm playing with it myself at the moment - I think we can get the
timing somewhat reasonable. Thankfully Sam and Max isn't totally working
yet - because they use midi for half of their sound effects. Badly
sequenced midi works out really badly there :)

I've made a few tweaks to Timidity that seem to help - more on that later.
Hopefully I can find a way to do it with little code modification,
and submit the patches back into Timidity.

I suggest you keep working on it, when you have time, however.

As a note, the external midi patch works perfectly - if your lucky enough
to have said external midi :p

 - Ender