[Scummvm-devel] Linux MIDI support status :-)

Michael Pearce chuzwuzza at optushome.com.au
Wed Nov 21 18:43:01 CET 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:43:51 +0100
Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> wrote:

> Now we just need a way to put all three methods in the code, add some
> configuration way to be able to switch at run-time from one method to the
> other.
>
> Plus there will be soon my to-be-released .MID storing patch :-)
>
>                        Lionel

actually, I have just submitted a patch that let's you use /dev/sequencer, or timidity, (or the windows driver if in windows) without any recompilations or messing about with -DUSE_TIMIDTY etc.
(I found that my external midi keyboard still works when midi is sent to /dev/sequencer.)
I would very much appreciate it if experienced c++ people could leave comments on this patch -- I am learning c++ here, and am treating all this a learning experience. But the patch seems to work just fine for me (untested for windows though)

--Michael Pearce