[Scummvm-devel] Mac-Port Progress Update

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Nov 23 02:51:04 CET 2001

> It's actually not a problem to store them (most people use fairly large CF
> with PocketPCs, 128M or even larger), but loading them into memory and mixing
> on the fly may be a real issue.

Well, if you take the voice file from the CD versions, even if we compress
them using MP3 or any other sound compression tools (a thing I want to try
to do once I get MIDI working), it will still almost fill a CF card.

After, I think TiMidity is using a lot of FP math, thus hurting sensibly its
performance on the PcoketPCs. I will check when I have time to see how much
CPU time it uses on my iPAQ.

But well, considering that people did MP3 implementations entirely in
integer math, I think one could work on 'integerifying' TiMidity (or rather
the critical paths like sound generation and mixing).

> I was not talking about putting game selection there, only about exposing
> list of games -- practically trivial task. Right now the list is private to
> scummvm.cpp.

OK, I misunderstood :-)

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/