[Scummvm-devel] Fw: ScummVM documentation

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed Apr 10 03:15:10 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 09:29, J.Brown (Ender/Amigo) wrote:
> Sorry, there is little documentation about SCUMM or ScummVM currently
> avaiable. Most of the code in ScummVM was obtained by ingenious reverse
> engineering by Strigeus. However, please do not e-mail him with questions,
> as he is no longer an active developer.

He's not? What happened?

In terms of documentation... I am, very very slowly, working on a SCUMM
documentation project. Currently I'm converting what I did before into
HTML because LyX was getting too annoying. You can see what I've got
here:

http://www.cowlark.com/scumm

(If you want to bookmark it, bookmark the above link. The actual website
is held elsewhere and you're bounced through via a redirect. I may
change hosting soon.)

It's incomplete and is a work in progress, so links to the V6 opcodes
won't work.

Please, please, I need help with this. SCUMM is *huge*. If you work out
how anything works, write it up and send it to me! I'll edit it and add
it to the compendium. I've done character sets, arrays/strings, the VM
model, and about a third of the opcodes for both V5 and V6... so as you
can see there's a lot missing. I'm particularly looking for information
on actors and objects.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a
+- www.cowlark.com --+