[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] CVS: scummvm/scumm scummvm.cpp,1.99,1.100 scumm.h,1.84,1.85

J.Brown (Ender) ender at scummvm.org
Tue Dec 17 03:31:25 CET 2002

> Hey, you should read all commit logs, also the next one, before being angry :-)

I did :)
But even so, *serious voice* I deeply resent the implication a casual
reader may come to believe regarding my compitence. And the fact we
condone violence. Zoinks! Sic him up, lil' buddy.

Ahem, lets not even go into the issue of my sanity :)

> And I still disagree with the reasons to keep the class name. I had a
> good reason why I called NewGUI NewGUI back then, too. Even though
> for me it may have been much more convenient to call it Gui and have
> it live parallel to the old GUI. IT allowed for a smooth transition.
*snip*
> easily get back removed files. So there is really no good reason to
> let debug.h etc. in there, if somebody needs them, it's a single CVS
> command to get them).

Both issues are there to make things easier (until the new debugger at
least has the basic functionality of the old). Also I did not want
concurrency in this situation, for three reasons:

  1) The debugger is far less critical than the GUI
  2) The current debugger is almost useless anyway, so concurrency is
pointless.
  3) It promotes active development of a far more useful replacement.
NewGUI is also a far more useful replacement, but OldGUI was at least
functionally useful. The old debugger isn't.

 - Ender