[Scummvm-devel] status on rawmidi patches and whatnot?

Michael Pearce chuzwuzza at optushome.com.au
Wed Feb 13 22:15:01 CET 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:12:13 -0500
Stuffed Crust <pizza at shaftnet.org> wrote:

> What's the status of the jumbomidi and the rawmidi patches?  I'm itching
> to fire up my MT-32 with scummvm, but the catch is that I have no
> /dev/sequencer support -- and gm emulation using timidity++ just doesn't
> sound as good.  (to say nothing of the adlib..)
>
> Basically, I'd like to hack on the sound code some, but I'd like to not
> reinvent the wheel.
>
> I've done a lot of work on the sound subsystem for freesci, so I'm not
> just talking out of my ass here.  :)
>
> ...All I need now is an emulator for the old Legend games...
>
>  - Pizza
> --
> Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
> I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344
> Patience comes to those who wait.
>     ...It's not "Beanbag Love", it's a "Transanimate Relationship"...

Well I wrote that rawmidi patch originally as a bit of a hack to get midi music before the adlib emulation code was built-in. As I say, it was quite a hack. I guess I could update it for teh latest version of ScummVM, and hope it gets submitted. I mentioned it several times back when I wrote it, and even asked why it wouldn't be commited, but the developers ignored me.

--Michael Pearce