[Scummvm-devel] [ANN] First prototype version of Skim

David Given dg at tao-group.com
Thu Jan 17 10:22:13 CET 2002

On Thursday 17 January 2002 17:45, Kike wrote:
> Hi from Spain.
>
> I made a function in C and SDL lib, to encode ¿Scumm v1? images and objects
> ( Maniac Mansion, Zak )
> it´s a shit code but work.
> The funcion need a loaded image in a SDL Surface.

Currently I can't touch anything earlier than V4 (Monkey Island I), because I
can't decode the files. (Neither can ScummVM.) If you know the encryption
byte I'd love to know; I presume that inside they're standard LF chunks.

As for the image format; yes, please send me your code. Currently I'm still
working on V5 files; the two-byte format files are less important as the only
thing that can play those are LucasArts' own terps. The four-byte files are
bad enough. But the four-byte image format will most likely be based on the
two-byte format and your code will be useful as a reference. Thank-you.

Are there plans to make ScummVM work on V4- files?

On a related note, does anyone know any good Java libraries for manipulating
paletted PNG files?

--
+- David Given --------McQ-+ "What appears to be a sloppy or meaningless use
+- http://www.cowlark.com -+ --- Anonymous Diplomat