[Scummvm-devel] Endian problem with Atlantis

Max Horn fingolfin at marblehorse.org
Sun Jul 7 14:24:01 CEST 2002

At 20:53 Uhr +0200 07.07.2002, Fredrick Meunier wrote:
>Hi,
>First of all, congratulations on some fantastic software. I love all
>the Lucasarts interacive games, and it is great to be able to play
>them on my OSs of choice!
>
>I am trying out 0.2.0 and the 20020630 cvs version of scummvm with
>the Amiga version of Indiana Jones and the fate of atlantis on Mac
>OS X 10.1.5. All the actors look scrambled in a way that looks
>consistent with endian problems with reading the graphics, and the
>problem does not occur with the DOS version of the files. I am using
>the -a flag with the Amiga version (and of course not with the DOS
>version).

Well, this sounds as if that version uses a different encode or so?
Hard to tell w/o having the data files.

>One other problem I get is that in full screen mode I cannot move
>the cursor to the bottom row of commands. I do not have any problem
>in windowed mode.

That is caused by a bug in SDL, unfortunatley. I submitted a patch
which is already in SDL CVS (and will be in the next SDL version).
There are various other bug fixes in the SDL CVS version, so you
might want to get & install that-

Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:max at quendi.de>