[Scummvm-devel] old Zak + ScummVM

Jochen Hoenicke Hoenicke at Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Wed Jul 24 10:19:12 CEST 2002

Hello,

First thank you for the great work.  I have tried mi2 and dott and
they work great with scummvm.

I would like to help out to get the old scumm games like the Zak
McCracken (version 2) running.  I have spent some time to investigate
the format and have disassembled most parts of the DOS executable.  I
also have a small perl script that can extract bitmaps and object
infos.

Is anyone else working on this?

My hope is that I only need to change the parse functions and
probably the bitmap decompression routine.  The script language seems
to be the same as script_v1.

  Jochen

--
Jochen Hoenicke, University of Oldenburg, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Email: hoenicke at informatik.uni-oldenburg.de  Tel: +49 441 798 3124