[Scummvm-devel] Re: 16 bit graphics: Thoughts on how to implement it

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Jul 24 11:55:05 CEST 2002

> In fact, why implement our own GUI at all? Why not just use host
> widgetry? Admittedly, this wouldn't work on systems without a widget
> set, such as the Dreamcast, but they could easily do their own thing.

Well, the biggest problem I see here would be that you won't be able to use
SDL anymore for cross platform development... AFAIK, there does NOT exist
any 'GtkSDLWidget' nor a Windows SDL 'class' or whatever it's called to
embed an SDL application in a Widget on Unix or Windows.

And the GL full screen thing won't work anymore either using native widgets.

                      Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/