[Scummvm-devel] MI3

Daniel Schepler schepler at math.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 14 21:48:02 CET 2002

I'd like to help with the project by getting Curse of Monkey Island to
work, so I can play it under Linux.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to
get in contact with the project admins.  I've already done a bit of
preliminary work; right now, I'm trying to understand the code in
string.cpp so I can update it to handle the fontn.nut files.  At least
I've deciphered the nut format enough to write a small program to
extract pixmaps for each character.  As of now, I have no idea what's
in the AHDR block, though, or what sort of information (font height /
spacing, etc?) I might have to get from it.

I wonder, are there any other SCUMM games which use fontn.nut files?
I'm just wondering whether it would be useful to make a separate
"features flag" for it.

I was also wondering whether anybody had any suggestions where to look
for info on SCUMM formats.  I've already found the SCUMMrev source
code, which ought to take care of the sound formats...  Do you know if
anybody out there has deciphered the CoMI animation codecs yet?
--
Daniel Schepler              "Please don't disillusion me.  I
schepler at math.berkeley.edu    haven't had breakfast yet."