[Scummvm-devel] Indy 3 & MonkeyVGA -> Adlib

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Nov 18 12:49:01 CET 2002

At 19:28 Uhr +0100 18.11.2002, Max Horn wrote:
>From my tests, it would seem that music in Indy3 and MonkeyVGA only
>sounds right if the adlib driver is chosen. So in my private config
>file, I use adlib as default midi driver for both of them, and
>CoreAudio for everything else.
>
>But I wonder, shouldn't we just force ADLIB as driver for both of
>them? I bet a lot of people will otherwise complain about "weird
>music" when they test these two games.

Just to clarify this: I am talking about overriding use_adlib *even
if a non-default midi driver is selected*

We already have a GF_ADLIB_DEFAULT flag, but IMHO it's a bit weird,
as it is set for e.g. SamNMax, which frankly spoken sounds horrible
here with the adlib emu sound... so why don't we just drop that flag
everywhere except for Indy3 and MonkeyVGA, and change it's meaning to
always override use_adlib?

Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:max at quendi.de>