[Scummvm-devel] State of the SCUMM: Please read.

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Thu Oct 17 16:06:07 CEST 2002

"J.Brown (Ender/Amigo)" <ender at enderboi.com> writes:

> Hi all :)

[...]
> Could all of the maintainers for the above please reply to this email and
> let me know if your port still compiles with the latest CVS tree - I'm
> fairly certain some of you still havn't implemented Overlay support, which
> is required by the OSystem interface for NewGUI. If you need assistance
> with implementing Overlays, either take a look at the SDL implementation,
> or just post here and someone will help.

I've started looking at implementing the overlays for DC, but I found
out there are some older changes which break the port as well.  For
example, GameDetector::detectGame() has been made protected (I can't
even begin to guess what the purpose of this change was), which means
that the DC launcher can't convert the EXE filename to the name of the
game for displaying in the menu any more.  Of course, doing this
wasn't very convenient before either, so maybe a public function which
just takes a game filename and returns the name of the game (if known)
could be added?

  // Marcus