[Scummvm-devel] Random notes from a user

Alan De Smet chaos at highprogrammer.com
Sun Oct 20 16:12:02 CEST 2002

Just some random notes from a user and fan:

The links to the readme.txt file from the FAQ at
http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/faq.php are broken.  I believe it
should instead point to
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/scummvm/scummvm/README?rev=HEAD&only_with_tag=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

The current Makefile defines COMPRESSED_SOUND_FILE and links in
libmad by default, requiring someone compiling scummvm to have
the MAD library installed.  Since the library is optional,
perhaps this option should default to off to make it easier for
new users to get going?

Relatedly, the README file specifies that I'll need the MAD
library for the optional MP3 support, but never tells me where to
get it.  A link to the project somewhere (At least in the README)
would be helpful.

The new GUI looks good.  I really appreciate your work.

--
Alan De Smet              http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan