[Scummvm-devel] Using Standard C++ library in ScummVM

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Oct 24 11:40:02 CEST 2002

There are some discussion to use the standard C++ library for
ScummVM. Essentially, instead of the current
List/DialogStack/String/Map "clutches", it would be nice to be able
to just use std::list/std::stack/std::string/std::map etc. instead.

The question to be here is less whether this is a good idea or not;
before we can discuss this, we first have to resolve another question:

Do all of our platform support this? I.e. at least the above mentioned parts...

I do know for sure (because of Exult) that the following tools/systems work:

* gcc 2.95.x / 3.1 / 3.2
* Visual C++
* MetroWerks Codewarrior
on
* Linux (x86, Alpha, and also on the Zaurus)
* Windows / PocketPC
* FreeBSD / OpenBSD / NetBSD
* Solaris, IRIX, ... anything that runs gcc I think :-)
* MacOS / Mac OS X

So, mainly I'd like to know if the DreamCast support this.

Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:max at quendi.de>
phone: (+49) 6151-494890