[Scummvm-devel] On Overlays (portes please read!)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Sep 19 09:35:04 CEST 2002

At 18:29 Uhr +0200 19.09.2002, Marcus Comstedt wrote:
>Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:
>
>>  >>  Because we then would have to add several overlays,  not just one: one
>>  >>  layer per dialog. After all, you want to be able to see the lower
>>  >>  dialogs shine through the topmost dialog, too, no?
>>  >
>>  >Sounds reasonable.  I'm for it.
>>
>>  I am sorry, but you are for *what* ? :-)
>
>Adding several overlays, as you suggested.

Actually, I did *not* suggest that, I only that it would be the
alternative - but IMHO a bad altertnative. While it would be the most
general solution, and probably would work for the DreamCast, for all
other targets it means a lot more work, more memory needed, more
processing power needed, and more code needed.

Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:max at quendi.de>
phone: (+49) 6151-494890