[Scummvm-devel] 0.4.0 schedule?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Apr 3 02:10:40 CEST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 02.04.03 um 23:23 Uhr schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> Ok, I have something that's a little troublesome:  The Dreamcast port
> doesn't compile right now.  The problem is, the option dialog suddenly
> requires the presence of a "getcwd()" function (not a part of the ISO
> C standard).
Ah, sorry, that's a good up on my part. I should create a file system
object from scratch, and then query it for its "path" to get the
default value. Even if that in the end is not used on the DC, it's good
for other ports.

>  I haven't written one for the Dreamcast (my "cd()"
> function doesn't remember the name of the directory, only the sector
> number), and even if I did write one it wouldn't do the right thing
> here since it would return the current directory on the CD-ROM, which
> isn't useful as a default value for the save game path.
>
> Actually, the "save game path" setting isn't really meaningful on the
> DC anyway, since the memory cards don't have subdirectories.  Maybe I
> should just put #ifndef __DC__ (how about GP32?) around the code that
> creates the widget, and I'll get rid of both the compilation error and
> the meaningless setting at once, with a minimum amount of effort.  :)
> Ideas?

If setting the path makes no sense on DC anyway, then yeah, definitely
put in #if !defined(__DC__)