[Scummvm-devel] NEWS, revision 1.46

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at tietoenator.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at tietoenator.com
Mon Dec 8 08:43:06 CET 2003

Just thought I'd comment on this addition to the ScummVM NEWS file:

>   - Added Broken Sword 2 engine, game is supported and completable (?)

I replayed the game yesterday. It's the first time I played the whole
thing since... well, it was before music support was added, at least.
Possibly before any sound support was added.

The game crashed once. This was pretty early in the game (at the Glease
Gallery, when changing from one scene to another), but I haven't been
able to reproduce it. I have no idea what caused this.

At one point, the walking code went haywire and moved Nico to the spots
where I clicked immediately. I've seen this happen once before, in a
different location (though still with Nico), but I have no idea what
causes it. Restarting ScummVM fixed this bug as well. I don't think the
savegames store enough information to reproduce the bug either, which
makes it even trickier to debug.

I didn't notice any other glitches than these, and my script bug
workarounds triggered only where they were supposed to. Apart from the
missing cutscenes and credits, I'd say it's in pretty good shape. At
least on Intel processors.

Torbjörn

--
TietoEnator Resource Management AB