[Scummvm-devel] Porting headaches

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Dec 8 15:36:01 CET 2003

Am Montag, 08.12.03 um 23:56 Uhr schrieb Arisme:

> Or, EVC oddities ... (once again)
>
> I'm having some troubles with one very tiny part of the code, in
> dialogs.cpp
> where misc functions from GUI::OptionsDialog are called from
> Scumm::OptionsDialog
>
> You have a good summary of the problem with pretty formatted text
> available
> here http://www.pocketmatrix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=185815

Yuck! Seems EVC is seriously broken. This is perfectly legal C++ code
<sigh>.

> Basically I can't use the common MS workaround since it would make the
> code
> restricted to a compiler supporting RTTI, i.e. EVC 4, if it works
> (which
> isn't even sure yet) - and EVC 4 cannot be used to compile Handheld PC
> builds anyway, thanks to Microsoft kind support of older platforms.
>
> I guess the most simple way to make my compiler happier would be to
> change
> the function names in the Scumm namespace, but I'm just asking before
> making
> wild changes and be shot :)

I assume you mean changing the class names, not the method names? Or
doesn't that hel?

I am not happy about this, but if it helps to support some broken
compiler w/o causing us too much pain, you may rename the
Summ::OptionsDialog to something else.