[Scummvm-devel] P800 port - what steps should we take now?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Dec 11 15:25:43 CET 2003

So... only David responded... here are some things I plan on doing, and
some things I hope others might do. I'll wait a bit with this in case
somebody (e.g. Endy) wants to shout "no" or make any other comment...
:-)

1) I already did this, I changed our link to the P800 page to clearly
state that it is in violation of our license.

2) We should send a threatening mail to the guy, demanding that he
release the source code now (we could also ask him to just close that
part of htis web page, but strictly spoken that doesn't fix the license
violation since his binary is already in wide circulation)

3) Maybe somebody (ideally, somebody in sweden :-) could phone him on
our behalf. If nobody is found, I could try this.

4) We should post a news item

5) We might want to inform the news (although I think we should give
him 2 more days or so with this, maybe), including Slashdot and
anything else we can think of

6) We might want to tell the FSF, too, just in case. Again, maybe after
giving the guy one last chance to react.

Bye,