[Scummvm-devel] MD5s of Scumm data files

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sat Dec 13 11:25:02 CET 2003

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

>> I'm all for this.  Having "perfect" auto detection in the ScummVM
>> proper would allow me to can my own auto-detection hacks which tend to
>> break whenever someone edits the launcher.  :-)
>>
> Well that's because you are not really using the launcher, but rather
> your own code which then "borrows" code form the launcher, no? :-)

Yes, which is because the launcher is not really usable in its current
form on a hard-disk-less system, no?  :-)

> Yes yes, I figured all this all by my own, w/o even owning a DC, ain't
> I clever? :-) I am only hashing the first file (did you actually take
> a look at the MD5 website I put up? :-)

Yes.  I also read your mail, which said that sometimes you would hash
all the files.

In case you're interrested, the 000.LFL file of the Spanish Loom CD
Talkie (the speech isn't in Spanish, just the subtitles) has the same
MD5 as the english version.

  // Marcus