[scummvm-devel] That pesky CMI walkbox problem... (fwd)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Feb 6 09:32:06 CET 2003

At 17:50 Uhr +0100 06.02.2003, Torbj|rn Andersson wrote:
>I wrote:
>
>>  I'm still not sure whether or not it matters,
>
>After reading Max's last mail more carefully, it seems pretty clear
>that it does matter.

Yes it does. basically, by switching up and down coordinates, the box
gets turned "inside out".

>  In which case my original guess, i.e. to make
>sure that getBoxCoordinates() really does assign the coordinates to
>the appropriate corners, may be the right way to go after all...?

Yeah, seems so.

>But it sounds like Max is much better equipped to look into this
>bug than I am,

He, not really, you got it right pretty much it seems to me. Maybe
the original Scumm code (at least the one in COMI) is indeed sorting
the coords or so. The only reason I find this strange is: why do
something tedious like coordinate sorting when it is trivial to do it
when packaging the data files? I certainly wouldn't do it this way,
and old Scumm versions apparently don't do it. This is the only
reason why I find the whole issue fishy - it makes me wonder if we
are not doing something wrong, but I have no clue what that would
be...

>so maybe I should be looking at speeding up the
>language.tab code instead... That "no access to the ScummVM source"
>thing is just temporary, right? ;-)

Yes, I am back home now :-)