[Scummvm-devel] Jamieson: Still alive?

Michael Pearce chuzwuzza at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 6 21:28:03 CET 2003

Jamieson, if you're still alive, please respond :)
I have a couple of queries about the (not quite finished) mt-32->GM stuff.
1) Virtually all the remaining instruments to be mapped are sound effects. Is
there any way we can map instead of to a GM instrument, to a specific note in
a GM instrument? That way we can use the GS sound effects (not sure if they
are in GM, but most modern sound cards support GS anyway).
2) The monkey island 2 problems still remain, with the instruments being wrong
all over the show, most noticable in woodtick, where they seem to change
every time you go there :)
3) Someone has reported that there are some missing instruments in FOA (not
custom ones, regular ones). Compared to the adlib version, it is very
noticable - press escape during the opening sequence to skip to the scene in
indy's office. In adlib mode, there is dramatic music with strings etc. With
our mt-32 emulation there is only timpani. Not sure if this is just a feature
of the actual mt-32 music though

--Michael (chuzwuzza) Pearce