[Scummvm-devel] docbook xml documentation

Jonathan Gray khalek at linuxgamers.net
Tue Feb 11 00:59:09 CET 2003

hi,
	I've been meaning to start some form of docbook xml based
documentation for some time now, and I have now done so. Although it
currently doesn't have much more than a list of categories and some game
versions, I'd like to commit it to cvs so others can hopefully add content
 to it over time.

Its currently modelled in a rather similiar fashion to freesci's nice
little document that can be found here:
http://freesci.linuxgames.com/scihtml/book1.html

I was thinking of putting it in a specs directory in the root directory of
the web module. Then having a script called by cron on the sourceforge
server that
  * removes existing html in the directory
  * calls xsltproc with the chunk html stylesheet to generate a
     series of html pages.
  * copies the html into the webroot

I was planning on having this in a script in the directory above our
webroot, which brings me to my next point...

It would be nice to have the script/commands that check out the web module
from cvs and copy it to the webroot as an actual file writeable by the
scummvm group. I intend to do something like this with the docbook script
although run at a longer interval due to the amount of time converting
docbook to html seems to take.

Having such things as files which are then called by cron would make it
easier to see whats happening.

Thoughts/Comments/Flames et cetera?

Jonathan