[Scummvm-devel] Some notes on the ScummVM regressions page

Torbj|rn Andersson d91tan at Update.UU.SE
Tue Feb 18 00:25:03 CET 2003

The ScummVM regressions page lists three regressions:

> * Monkey Island:
>     * The intro crashes if you press escape at a certain point after
>       the lucasfilm logo.

I believe this one has been fixed now. Can anyone confirm or deny?

> * Loom:
>     * Not all of the distaff is cleared from the screen after weaving
>       open on the egg near the start of the game.

This seems to have been introduced when a "width++" was removed from the
restoreBG() to fix the scroll arrows in MonkeyVGA.

It has actually been bothering me for some time now that we have code
like this in several places:

    if (right > _realWidth)
        right = _realWidth;
    if (bottom > _realHeight)
        bottom = _realHeight;

    width = right - left;
    height = top - bottom;

The first part bothers me because surely the screen coordinates go from
0 through _realWidth - 1 and 0 through _realHeight - 1?

The second part bothers me because if width and height are supposed to
measure the number of pixels from left to right and top to bottom, then
we should add one 1 both of them. But every time I've tried to do that,
I've ended up making things worse. So maybe I'm misunderstanding, or
maybe there are other errors which cancel out these errors most of the
time. In maths, two wrongs really *can* make a right...

> * Zak256
>     * Failed assertion when turning on (not using) the lighter in the
>       case.

I have no idea on this one. Probably because I don't have Zak256. :-)

Torbjorn