[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] CVS: web/docs release.xml,1.43,1.44

J.Brown (Ender) ender at scummvm.org
Fri Jul 11 21:03:16 CEST 2003

> Wouldn't it make more sense to list Windows and Linux/x86, instead of
> x86? After all those two systems have their unique set of bugs with
> ScummVM. Also, there are more x86 OSes we run on, e.g. BeOS. And Linux
> exists for other processors, too.

I'm fairly happy with it - if it does cause problems we can tune our
release system for 0.6.0 :)

I'm not particually aware of any situation where we have had a Windows bug
that wasn't replicatable on Linux... at least where the cause was ScummVM
itself and not the user environment.

These columns are only designed to give a brief checklist for endian
compatability, backend approach, and GameDetector status for those
platforms with their own detection code. I think this range is pretty
sufficient to cover all the generic cases, unless you have a particually
example?

> I'd also suggest that the test reports mention on what platform the
> tester worked. In fact, why not make it a multi-column table, with one
> column for each OS, and in that column we say: "Untested", "Doesn't
> work", or "Tested successfully by XY on AB"

The 'Last Test' column you mean? Possibly, but I would prefer to keep it
as simple as possible, hence I just update the Port table if somebody
reports testing a game on a non-x86/SDL platform.

It's really kind of late into the process to make these kinds of changes,
but we can work out a better system for our next major release.