[Scummvm-devel] Port status?

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Tue Jul 22 09:21:00 CEST 2003

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> Boxing is done with the numpad (number keys), it's the same in Indy3 &
> 4. Basically, one column (if you are facing right, the rightmost
> column with 9/6/3, if you are facing left the leftmost column with
> 7/4/1) is for boxing high/middle/low, the middle row for blocking
> high/middle/low, the last row for retreating.

Hm.  That's quite a lot to map to a controller with 5 buttons.  I
suppose a single button could be used together with the D-pad
though...  I.e. the button would generate one of the digits 1-9
depending on how you press the D-pad.  That would probably be useful
for the copy protection in Monkey Island as well.  :-)

> Maybe you can do testing with one of the freely available demos? You
> can get 'em from http://scummvm.org/demos.php

Joost Peters pointed out a demo version for me.  Hopefully I'll have
time to try it out next week.

  // Marcus