[Scummvm-devel] Re: Port status?

Ruediger Hanke tomjoad at muenster.de
Wed Jul 23 14:51:23 CEST 2003

Sorry, think I forgot to CC the last mail to the list.

> We're going to hard-freeze (port & bugfixes -only-) tommorow morning, so
> can I please have all port maintainers confirm their ports are (or will be
> within a few days) ready to build release binaries?

Well, I'm done now. The MorphOS port should be ready for a release.
At least I think so. I've tested several games, played through a few screens
and everything works.

Folks, you really should do something about your resource cleanup ...
I know, I think I mentioned this before and I think I got the answer that
modern OSes will clean up resources automagically so there's no need
to do this but ...

For me it's vital that at least audio resources are properly closed. The
MIDI driver never got destructed, so eventually I inserted a hack to delete
it myself in the end. Now it seems to be cleaned up, and that was the
reason for a crash I had (freed twice).

So now that I removed the hack suddenly I had the problem with Simon
that notes sounded endlessly after quitting and no other programs could
playback any MIDI until a reset because there it's still not freed (it's
supposed to be deleted with the SimonEngine, but SimonEngine object is
never deleted) ...

Anyway, I solved it now. Feel free not to change anything or it probably
breaks my port again. But ideally I'd prefer the program to close everything
by itself as it would save (me) some debugging time.

RĂ¼diger