[Scummvm-devel] Re: Port status?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Jul 23 16:07:08 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 24.07.03 um 00:02 Uhr schrieb Chris Apers:

>> For me it's vital that at least audio resources are properly closed.
>> The
>> MIDI driver never got destructed, so eventually I inserted a hack to
> delete
>> it myself in the end. Now it seems to be cleaned up, and that was the
>> reason for a crash I had (freed twice).
>
> I suggest you to take a look at the PalmOS port.
> On palmos the exit() system function doesn't exist and i need to exit
> properly
> deleting every objects etc... this is why i added the _quit var in the
> Scumm
> object.

This is not limited to PalmOS, it's done on all OS (although it seems
the morphos backend doesn't send QUIT events at all).

Actually, I just see that besides simon/sky, we also need to fix up the
launcher, and NewGui::runLoop to not use OSystem::quit. I guess to that
end, we can make the _quit boolean global, or something like that. We
can discuss that *after* the 0.5.0 release. (or we can discuss it
before, but we won't change it for 0.5.0, that's too late now).