[Scummvm-devel] escummvm / unofficial port to Ericsson P800

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Jul 30 14:40:01 CEST 2003

Hi there,

we have been made aware that you are distributing an unofficial port of
ScummVM for the Sony Ericsson P800. While we are happy about every port
that's around there, you are currently in violation of the GPL.
Specifically, you are not providing any instructions on how to obtain
the source code, nor do you mention that that ScummVM, and thus also
EScummVM, is covered by the GPL.  I am sure that this is just an
oversight, and no bad intent on your part. I'd appreciate if you can
fix that as soon as possible.

In particular, if you didn't make any modifications to ScummVM to get
it to work on the P800, a link to our regular source files is
sufficient. If you did have to make modifications to the ScummVM source
code, you are obliged to publish them, either as a patch against the
regular ScummVM source distribution, or as a full tar ball.

Also, I believe it would only be fair if you added a link to the
ScummVM project to your web page (e.g. add a sentence like "This is
based on ScummVM, http://www.scummvm.org"). Of course in exchange we'd
link back to you.

We'd be happy to cooperate with your, e.g. at the very least by adding
a link to your porting effort to our links page. And if possible, we'd
love to work with you on making your port "official" by merging your
modifications into CVS (of course full credit for the port etc. would
clearly be given to you).