[Scummvm-devel] New port

Jonathan Gray khalek at linuxgamers.net
Thu Jul 31 03:36:13 CEST 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, David Given wrote:

> I'm thinking about doing a ScummVM port to intent. Actually, I've been
> thinking about this for a while, but never actually got round to doing
> anything...

You don't actually mention this anywhere... but what _is_ intent in terms
of the hardware you are talking about? :)

> intent has a pretty good audio and video subsystem, featuring such things as
> video overlays, paletted pixmap types, a full MIDI synthesis engine, built-in
> ogg decoding, a mixer, etc. How much of this do you think I'm going to be
> able to use, and how much does ScummVM want to do itself?

you should be able to use a bunch of stuff but obviously it depends
what..

> Also, is there an example of the absolute bare minimum driver that I need to
> implement to get things going? Once I have something actually *running*,
> doing incremental updates will be much easier...

You need to implement the methods from system.h and add a few other little
things in common dir. Check out some of the existing ones in the backends
dir.

Maybe we need a how to add a new backend to scummvm tutorial or something
for the site?

Jonathan