[Scummvm-devel] New port

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Jul 31 04:04:04 CEST 2003

On Thursday 31 July 2003 11:54 am, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, David Given wrote:
> > I'm thinking about doing a ScummVM port to intent. Actually, I've been
> > thinking about this for a while, but never actually got round to doing
> > anything...
>
> You don't actually mention this anywhere... but what _is_ intent in terms
> of the hardware you are talking about? :)

intent's a nifty embedded operating system designed for things like
smartphones, set top boxes, etc. Its main claim to fame is that compiled
binaries are completely portable --- they'll run on anything that runs
intent, regardless of processor type.

In terms of hardware, it all depends. The slowest device I've seen running
intent was a 12MHz ARM, and the fastest is a 1.4GHz Athlon. The device I
actually have on my desk is a medium-range MIPS.

What sort of processing power does ScummVM need?

[...]
> You need to implement the methods from system.h and add a few other little
> things in common dir. Check out some of the existing ones in the backends
> dir.

I'll have a look.

> Maybe we need a how to add a new backend to scummvm tutorial or something
> for the site?

That would be ideal...

--
+- David Given --McQ-+