[Scummvm-devel] strsep in VC++ ??

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon Jun 9 02:46:09 CEST 2003

On Sunday 08 June 2003 10:58 am, Simara wrote:
> Visual C++ .NET 2003 (Not managed code, but regular CPP) is at 96% ISO
> complaint, but I don't seem to find it. Maybe it's not on the standard, or
> VC 2003 doesn't support it.

The Linux man page for strsep() says that it's a BSD 4.4 function, and so
isn't in the C standard. It also says:

BUGS
       This function suffers from the same  problems  as  strtok().   In
       particular, it modifies the original string. Avoid it.

For portability I'd suggest rolling your own; not hard, and avoids the issue
mentioned above...

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "I love the way Microsoft follows standards. In
+- www.cowlark.com --+