[Scummvm-devel] Re: Stuff :)

Gregory Montoir cyx at frenchkiss.net
Fri Nov 28 09:55:01 CET 2003

> Hey all. Could everybody give me the progress of the following so I can
> start planning a release schedule? I havn't been around lately due to some
>  * FOTAQ

-- General

The 2 demo versions should be playable without any problems. The full
game isn't yet completable as there are some hard-coded rooms/dialogues
not yet rewritten.

-- Source code

The actual code in CVS is quite a straight forward translation of the
original source. So it really needs a bit of re-factoring such as
splitting some classes (Logic) or cleaning up our constructors.

-- Remaining/missing stuff

- hard-coded scenes / dialogues (special moves, Oracle)
- some text positionning
- credits screens
- play music
- handle game configuration
- slighlty modify save / load code
- fix all the bugs

-- Future work

- add a switch to enable alternate introduction
- avoid redrawing the entire screen for each frame (the original
   DOS version seems to use 'dirty blocks' strategy)
- support the 'interview' mini-game
- support the original screen blanker effects (yeah, that's completely
   useless but I like the idea :) )

Joost, David, if I forget to mention something, feel free to complete !

Gregory