[Scummvm-devel] Create new games for ScummVM?

Andreas Røsdal andrearo at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Apr 19 11:34:04 CEST 2004

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 17:47, Andreas Røsdal wrote:
> > I'm a big ScummVM and adventure game fan. Just curious, is it possible
> > the create new Scumm Scripts to make new games for ScummVm? This would
> > open up a whole lot of new possibil

Ok, so it's not advisable. I'd still like to try.

Are there are legal reasons why I shoudn't create games using the SCUMM
scripting language? Ie. will Lucasarts not allow it?

There are severeal tools for decompiling SCUMM scripts. I have decompiled
several scripts, and they seems to me like a pretty good way to make an
adventure game. I haven't found anything for compiling SCUMM scripts.
I assume noone has tried to make such tools? Any pointers to info or
source code I could have a look at for this? If not, then maybe I can help
making a tool for making scripts that can be used with ScummVM.

Andreas Røsdal