[Scummvm-devel] Skim, V6 and arrays

M. Uli Kusterer Witness.of.TeachText at gmx.net
Wed Apr 21 00:31:11 CEST 2004

Hi,

  I've been reading the Scumm docs on the Skim page. Now, there are a
few more questions that aren't answered there, and since you guys now
the engine inside out, I thought you might be able to give me a quick
answer without any of us having to dig through tons of source code.

  When an array is loaded/created using opcodes like dim or dim2, this
is like malloc()-ing an array in C, right? You get a new pointer to
that array, and you're responsible for getting rid of it, right?

  And local variables can only contain integers, right?

  So, how does ScummVM handle strings? Do I create an array and stuff
my characters in the bytes there?
M. Uli Kusterer