[Scummvm-devel] Release plans, once again

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sat Aug 21 03:52:16 CEST 2004

Joost Peters <joostp at scummvm.org> writes:

> Of course I'm not talking about illegal copies of games.
> I mean putting several games you legally own on a single disc, for
> both convenience and preserving your original discs.

Why is it more convenient to insert the compilation disc than the
original disc?  You can only play one game at a time anyway.

> How would you be wasting a cd-r if you need one to burn ScummVM anyway?

Yes, you need one for ScummVM (although you can use something like
Demo Menu to put other DC software on the same disc).  Then you can
play all your original CDs.

> No one I know uses their original discs when using ScummVM (dreamcast
> port or otherwise) - I know I sure as hell don't.

I know I "sure as hell" do.   This is a non-argument.

> Also, I might be incorrect on this, but doesn't the dreamcast have a
> CAV drive? So wouldn't it make sense trying to get your game data as
> much near the outer edge as possible?

This makes no relevant difference, it's the seek times that matter
anyway.

  // Marcus