[Scummvm-devel] Website contest results???

Jamieson Christian jamiesonc at tds.net
Sun Dec 5 23:49:02 CET 2004

Max Horn wrote:

> I now prepared an (ugly, partially german, sorry for that - but nobody
> stepped up offering something better) poll at my personal web space
> and set up a page on our website linking to it:
>   <http://www.scummvm.org/poll/>
>
> There is an upcoming news item linking to this page. All team members
> are welcome to vote again on their favorite out of the three finalists.

Hm, well, this is interesting. I hadn't had a chance to view the
finalists' submissions before now. They all look so nice. Kudos to all
the finalists!

Just one thing is bothering me. All I'm looking at is a screen capture
of sample content. Of more interest to me is the internals of the markup
that resulted in these samples. Being an uber-anal XHTML/CSS stickler,
I'm interested in the design that lends itself best to alternative
stylizations, i.e. a design that keeps visual stylization out of the
(X)HTML code and in the CSS, while at the same time affording reasonable
readability in the absence of any stylesheet at all.

As I believe was mentioned earlier in this mailing list, the best web
site is the one that would allow all three of these visual stylizations
to be applied to it seamlessly and interchangeably.

Idealistic, I know, but still... do we get to see some of the internal
markup before voting?

Once again, congrats to all the finalists for their creative visual designs.

Cheers,
Jamieson Christian