[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM manual

Pete Spicer spiceyone2000 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 12 04:28:00 CET 2004

Hi there,
I'm new to ScummVM, I picked it up when I bought SuSE Pro 9.2 about 6 weeks
ago (it's on the DVD) and have been playing 0.6.1b quite a bit, as I
collected pretty much all of the LucasArts adventures and Steel Sky when
rereleased a few years under the "White Label" and "Sold Out Software".

And I'd like to help write a manual... I've used it enough to become very
familiar with it and I'd like to offer my services to produce a manual in
pretty much whatever format you guys would like.

I'm most familiar with HTML/CSS and plain text, but if anyone wants me to
produce it in anything different, that's no problem (please just give me a
couple of weeks to learn whatever system you'd like me to use!)

I already note there is a large README and man page, and the README is
pretty good as far as being a manual, but a full-blown indexed HTML
production would be very handy as well.

In the last month, using the source code provided with my SuSE DVD, I have
also set up my dad's Linux PC with ScummVM, building that from source rather
than using a prebuilt RPM, so I'm familiar with that aspect as well.

I've only just joined SourceForge as a user - username: arantor - but I'd
like to help with writing a manual. Unfortunately I'm only online once a
week (at the weekend) and even more unfortunately, the only machine I have
the capability to upload from is a Windows machine, so I don't know if
that'll be a problem with uploading to CVS and things like that (having a
friend who knows lots about SourceForge is quite handy!)

For an example of my HTML and writing ability, particularly in terms of
documentation, please visit the Guides section of my site -
http://kissmyfaerie.org/stuff/guides/ - they haven't been updated for a
while because I've been working on other things, not so much my site lately.
(The whole site is produced by me in some form or another)

For testing purposes I have access to the following:
Beneath A Steel Sky (PC CD)
Curse of Monkey Island (PC CD)
Day Of The Tentacle (PC CD)
Flight Of The Amazon Queen (Talkie from yourselves!)
Full Throttle (PC CD)
Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis (PC CD)
Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade (PC CD - 256 colour)
Loom (both Amiga & PC CD)
Maniac Mansion (bundled with Tentacle)
Monkey Island 1 (Amiga)
Monkey Island 2 (PC CD)
Sam & Max Hit The Road (PC CD)
Simon 1 & 2 (PC CD, with both DOS & Win Talkies)
The Dig (PC CD)
Zak McKracken & The Alien Mindbenders (Amiga)

Thanks for taking the time to read this email, and I look forward to hearing
from you,
Pete