[Scummvm-devel] pre-0.6.0 testing

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at tietoenator.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at tietoenator.com
Tue Feb 3 23:40:23 CET 2004

James 'Ender' Brown <ender at scummvm.org> wrote:

> Anyone else?

I've played through MonkeyVGA with a January 31 CVS snapshot. Apart from a
few glitches, it works well:

Object names are not saved in pre-V6 games. If you enter the Scumm Bar after
completing the three trials, save and then restore, the cook's object name
will be "important-looking pirates". (It's the entry script that sets the
name to "cook".) Judging by the comments in o5_setObjectName() this is a
known issue, so I won't be submitting a bug report about it.

Colour cycling doesn't work. Now this surprises me, because I'm almost
certain it used to work. The reason appears to be that cyclePalette() does
not cycle _currentPalette. I will submit a bug report about this, since it
is not immediately obvious to me under which conditions the palette should
be cycled.

I can confirm bug #869003 ("MIVGA: Guybrush shrinks & grows near end of
game"). I don't know what the proper fix is, but the cause of the bug seems
simple enough:

Guybrush walks towards the back of the church. In this process, he is scaled
down to 183.

He enters the next room, the far end of the church. At this point, his
ignoreBoxes flag is true, which prevents setupActorScale() from changing the
scale.

Once he reaches his destination, ignoreBoxes is cleared, which causes him to
snap back to the correct size.

Torbjörn

--
TietoEnator Resource Management AB