[Scummvm-devel] Documentation

James 'Ender' Brown ender at scummvm.org
Thu Feb 5 17:49:02 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 05:46, Max Horn wrote:
> Hiya folks,
>

> I am sure all of you will agree that better docs would be nice... well,
> I at least do think so :-). Of course writing docs is not something
> everybody likes *cough* *cough*. :-)

*snipidysnip*

Believe it or not, I am actually good at writing proper manuals, coming
from my previous incarnation as a tech-writer. My spelling and grammer
aside (all of which just require somebody to proof-read). However, my
main problem is that I do not know, and at first glance dislike, LaTeX.

I agree with all your points, although I would suggest dedicating a
portion to each supported game with a description and any release notes
for it. And we really are 'complex' enough at this stage that a proper
manual is indeed needed.

Would anyone be willing to accept HTML as the source markup format? It
is still easily convertable to text, PDF, Postscript, ectera. If not, I
suppose I could just write it in HTML and then convert it to LaTeX that
way.

 - Ender