[Scummvm-devel] 0.6.0 testing, so far..

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Feb 8 09:45:03 CET 2004

Am 08.02.2004 um 18:01 schrieb <Torbjorn.E.Andersson at tietoenator.com>:

> James 'Ender' Brown (ender at scummvm.org) wrote:
>
>> Still needs testing:

>> ... MI1VGA
>
> https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?
> thread_id=3841428&forum_id=7223
>
> Short version: I've played through the floppy version, but not the CD
> version.
> I noticed three glitches. The colour cycling glitch has been fixed and
> the
> object naming glitch probably isn't worth fixing for 0.6.0.

Indeed -- the fix I propose in the source code easily could cause
regressions... my proposal was to use the same technique as V6+ games
use. However that means we have to add another resource type there.
Which in turn would, if not executed carefully and properly, break
compatibility with all old savegames (well, all savegames made before
my patch to the way resources are stored in the savegames; I made that
patch to specifically work around such problems).

So, please nobody do this w/o at least consulting back with me briefly.

In the meantime, it'd probably be a very good idea to file a bug report
on this, if you didn't already :-)

>  It would be nice if we could fix the actor scaling glitch though.

Did you read my comment on the bug tracker?