[Scummvm-devel] BS2 cutscenes

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Jan 6 04:29:01 CET 2004

Hello? Anything happening here? Or are we all just sitting around and
hoping for a miracle to happen (like, Smacker being open source
tomorrow, or "somebody else" implementing a solution) ? :-)

BTW, I was thinking a bit about libmpeg2... one thing that worries me
is that MPEG2 is (AFAIK) tied to 24 bit graphics (or at least 16 bits),
but not all our targets support that (like PalmOS or, I think, Amiga,
at least in some screen mode - not sure about this, please dear
porters, correct me if I am wrong :-).

Sadly I am not aware of any useful open source 256 color/palette
codec..... :-/