[Scummvm-devel] Timer changes

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jul 18 10:12:16 CEST 2004

I just came back home and read some talk about changing the way timers
work in the logs. I think it would be a very good idea if anybody
trying to do that first has a chat with me about it, because if you
change the semantics of timers fundamentally, that may break a lot of
things in subtle ways, which may lead to very nasty & hard to track
regressions. I know about shortcomings of the current code, but it also
has some real good advantages (like, reducing the thread sync code we
need to a minimum); changing this should only be done by somebody who
knows his way around thread programming and mutex/semaphore/etc. stuff.