[Scummvm-devel] Features and graphics modes

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sat Mar 13 05:25:03 CET 2004

Ok, some questions about the new OSystem interface:

* How is kFeatureAspectRatioCorrection supposed to work?  Since I use
  a textured quad to display the screen on the Dreamcast this sounds
  like a feature I could implement easily, but how do I know which
  aspects to convert from and to?  The interface only says that
  correction should be "on" or "off".

* Why does the backend have to implement both setGraphicsMode(int) and
  setGraphicsMode(const char *)?  Since the mapping between names and
  ids is given by the list returned by getSupportedGraphicsModes(),
  shouldn't it be possible for the platform-independent code to
  convert one into the other?

  // Marcus