[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] CVS: scummvm/queen display.cpp,1.60,1.61 display.h,1.43,1.44 graphics.cpp,1.98,1.99 graphics.h,1.68,1.69 input.cpp,1.25,1.26 musicdata.cpp,1.9,1.10 resource.cpp,1.43,1.44 resource.h,1.36,1.37 restables.cpp,1.5,1.6

Chris Apers chrilith at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:02:02 CET 2004

> > Yes i didn't update the whole project. I'm making lots of changes
> > to the PalmOS version mainly to add Zodiac specific stuffs.
> > But since the tapwave licensing doesn't yet allow open source
> > i can't update the CVS and so i just update common files.
> >
> While I have no idea who "tapwave" is or what a "Zodiac" is in this
> context, does that mean the PalmOS port will remain unusable (by
> anybody but you) until some company ("tapwave"?) decides to open source
> some kind of SDK?

Actual CVS is broken only by the new OSystem like some other ports,
changed to Queen didn't change anything since those files are not on the
actual project tree.

Yes, Zodiac is a PalmOS device, and tapwave (who made the zodiac)
is modifying the NDA(?) to allow open source (supposed to be release this
month).

> Note: it would be a GPL violation to release GPL binaries of ScummVM
> based on a closed source backend. So unless your backend source becomes
> "cleared" (and you can legally distribute it to 3rd persons), you are
> not allowed to distribute any ScummVM binaries based on it.
>
> No I am not trying to be mean or so, just wanted to clarify this :-)

I know that, just want to save a bit of time :) if you want i don't release
any other test version with Zodiac support let me know.