[Scummvm-devel] Out of This World / Another World?

Pawel Kolodziejski pablo at omega.xtr.net.pl
Wed May 5 22:55:04 CEST 2004

> Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
>> I don't understand whole hysteria about the matter, especially that
>> some even non-developers say harsh words and give no reasons, just
>> feelings. We all are mature persons here and we do everything in our
>> free time with no force but our own intentions. So what's up?

I feel the same thing.

> The main problem seems to be the non-adventure type of this game engine.
I think that isn't really main problem here.

> I have not played the game, but the above mention of enemies and strategy
> certainly sounds more like an action game.
You never played ?

> That is going too far, people can choose not to develop or even compile
> engines they aren't interested in.
they can choose as i mentioned, also not compilinig by disable engine.

> I'm against adding any non-adventure type game engine to ScummVM, it
> goesn't
> against the purpose of the project. I think it would be best if the RAW
> engine was removed from CVS and added to SF as a separate project for now.
As i said before, I was working before in RE AW and when would be finished
by adding it to scummvm, but with irrational reaction here, that would be
never accepted.....

Pawel