[Scummvm-devel] IMA codec in iMuseDigital (Was: CVS mumble jumble)

Pawel Kolodziejski pablo at omega.xtr.net.pl
Wed Nov 10 06:07:05 CET 2004

> Ah fine, but then why is it not already documented?
the same as many other things in scummvm code is not documented

> Note that we spent countless hours to manually translate every bit of
> this code from assembly. I spent a lot of time fixing memory overwrites
> in this code, too... if I had known the IMA bit, it would have helped a
> lot ...
both VIMA and CMI IMA codec are in scummvmrev pascal code.
i was sure that is variant when i compared from VIMA to CMI audio codec.

> Also, it appears as if the code could probably be simplified. Looking
> at it, those lookup tables may not actually be necessary on modern
> machines (on todays machines, doing a few extra muls/shifts definitely
> beats using a memory lookup table and branches...)
yes, that code could be simplified. about speed, it will change a bit for
whole codec. maybe translate whole codec into assembly it help much, i
think.

Pawel