[Scummvm-devel] <inttypes.h>

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Sep 18 13:14:00 CEST 2004

Am 17.09.2004 um 02:42 schrieb Nicolas George:

> Le jour du Génie, an CCXII, Marcus Comstedt a écrit :
>> AFAICS, gcc does not provide an <inttypes.h>.  Only the following:
>>
>> float.h  iso646.h  stdarg.h  stdbool.h  stddef.h  varargs.h
>>
>> So I guess gcc is not C99-compatible.
>
> The inttypes.h header seems to be provided by the libc. At least, it is
> true with GNU, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Solaris.
>
> BTW, inttypes.h is not the header that defines intXX_t and uintXX_t
> (not
> u_intXX_t!): that role is for stdint.h, according to the C99 standard.
> inttypes.h includes stdint.h and defines a few macros and some
> arithmetic functions.

Discussion the availability of inttypes.h is IMO actually missing the
point and relatively irrelevant as an answer to Marcus' question...
To cut things down: use of inttypes.h should be removed from
graphics/animation.h (if nobody did already so, I still am catching up
with CVS changes of the last two weeks). Only the types from scummsys.h
shall be used by our code. Not all our targets provide proper
inttypes.h/stdint.h files yet, and even if they did, the proper way
would be to change scummsys.h to use them, not for source files to
directly use them :-).

Bye,